Friday, June 27, 2008

A Short 1-Act Play that Extends an Invitation to You

(artistic license appropriately taken)
-- OPENING - Girl walking bike looking lost and sort of dazed near the state criminal court --

Phone: Ring ring ring

Girl: Hello
Person: Hello! I'm an Americorps volunteer - could I come in and help at the Iron Rail this Sunday?
Girl: Yes - you can come in and label books and alphabetize them.
Person: Great! I really want to be put to work - do you really need me?
Girl: Yes!
Person: Is it ok if I bring some of my friends too?
Girl: Yes! You know what? I'm going to plan a whole labeling party around you and your friends and their Americorps program.
Person: OK that would be great!
Girl: Thank you for calling - you've really made my day.
-- Girl puts phone in backpack and starts riding towards downtown cheerily --
----- End -----

Consensus be damned - I'm having a labeling party THIS Sunday - we're going to label and alphabetize and if either of those two things suit your fancy or if you missed the last one (and you know who you are) then think of the fun you will have at the Sunday Labeling Blowout, where we spell catalog without a 'u', and we listen to Buddy Holly all the time!

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE FUZZY CREATURES - The will not be there this time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the goblin wrangler, and I will be absent. :(

BUT, to all reading this in the next 12 hours, there will be a small, informal satanic birthday orgy tonight, Saturday evening, at The Abbey.

If you like the D-Block, this is the perfect opportunity to change your mind. Weather my shit-faced, grandiose bullying. Or maybe I will be sullen, sodden, and unpleasantly sardonic? Histrionically self-pitying? It's like a magic-crane game machine, where all the prizes are bad!

Starting after the dinner hour and probably not going as late as you might think. Come buy me a drink.

June 28, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home