Friday, February 29, 2008

volunteering at the rail: a poem

HI, THIS IS THE D-BLOCK. I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS POEM I FOUND ON THE INTERNET ABOUT SOME OF THE REASONS WHY TO VOLUNTEER AT THE RAIL.

i volunteer at the rail because i'm bored
i volunteer at the rail because it gives me something to do
i volunteer at the rail because it gives me something to care about
i volunteer at the rail to have a secret
i volunteer at the rail when i'm happy
i volunteer at the rail when i'm upset
i volunteer at the rail because it doesn't hurt when i'm upset and thats cool
i volunteer at the rail because i'm sick of life
i volunteer at the rail at the prospect of new life
i volunteer at the rail to keep my mind off things
i volunteer at the rail to remind me of things
i volunteer at the rail words into myself to make things permenant
i volunteer at the rail to keep my blood flowing
i volunteer at the rail so i can write in blood
i volunteer at the rail to be able to lick it off my fingers
i volunteer at the rail to give myself a reason to cry
i volunteer at the rail so that i don't have to cry
i volunteer at the rail because i'm a poser
i volunteer at the rail because i'm twice as original as everyone else
i volunteer at the rail because i feel misunderstood
i volunteer at the rail because you can read me like a book
i volunteer at the rail because i can and because i want to
i volunteer at the rail because i did it first
i volunteer at the rail because it's reckless
i volunteer at the rail to keep myself jumpy
i volunteer at the rail to give me something to look at
i volunteer at the rail because spiderwebs are pretty
i volunteer at the rail because it's beautiful
i volunteer at the rail because there are so many ways to do it
i volunteer at the rail because i can toy with pain without having to be really hurt
i volunteer at the rail because little scratches and volunteer at the rails aren't a big deal
i volunteer at the rail because people pressure me
i volunteer at the rail because it's all the wrong people pressuring me
i volunteer at the rail because it's the one thing that is my own
i volunteer at the rail so that no one has to hear me complain
i volunteer at the rail in the hope that someone will notice that i'm not okay
i volunteer at the rail because i know no one will ever notice because i won't let them
i volunteer at the rail because i'm the happy dumb blonde one with the perfect family
i volunteer at the rail because that's true
i volunteer at the rail because i wish i WAS dumb and ignorant
i volunteer at the rail because i suck at life

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home