Friday, October 3, 2008

HERO OF THE HOUR

So this seven-year-old went into a zoo and killed a bunch of animals and also fed a bunch of 'em, living and dead, to crocodiles. Here you may read the article and be appropriately appalled at the Dollar Amount of damage wrought.

There is nothing beautiful, good or acceptable about captivity; being bashed to death with a rock or fed to a big ass crocodile may or may not be "preferable"-- we can each decide that about our own lives-- but it has a fuck of a lot more in common with whatever may still be said to constitute the natural order than you'll ever find in any zoo.

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't acknowledge there's plenty of innocent animal blood on my hands-- I wear a leather belt, I eat lambs. Nevertheless, zoos horrify me in a way few other settings do. We'll forgo the polemics; suffice it to say zoos are hateful and this larval psycho-killer is my HERO OF THE HOUR.

THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THE FREE BIN ARE STRONG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home